Ok, so two proposals--and hopefully the more interactive and alternative-ish one will be accepted. I'd be delighted to be on any sort of panel with Jody Shipka; I've heard her speak before (at a C&W conference, I think), and I like her CCC multimodal article very much. And she takes some lovely photographs, no?
In terms of a theme for our presentation(s), I'm deeply into infovis these days, so something related to the visualization of text is what's most interesting to me, although I'm certainly open to other possibilities. And text visualization is broad enough to be able to enfold it in other themes, like identity or gender. I have to say, though, that I'm drawn to the reflexivity of working with the conference program (or some elements of it) as the text to be visualized. For the more standard presentation, I could talk, show examples, perhaps do some audience participation things with the computer and projector. For a more interactive and
alternative thing, I'd love to use or create some tools and let folks compose a text visualization of their own that they could print out and take away with them.
As for a gallery of multimedia work by students--I think it's a great idea for the "rethink the presentation" initiative. But I'd be more interested in doing something other than that for our panel. And perhaps Marilyn will get other proposals for this kind of student gallery?
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment