Like Anne, I’m excited about and prospect of the three of us working together!
As for my interests, I am most drawn to exploring potentials for documenting process, to experiment with different ways of dealing with (theorizing/showcasing/illustrating/enacting, etc.) the “making of” a specific text, object, event, multi-part performance—I think now of DVD extras or diary room confessionals. In many respects—in keeping with the movie/reality tv comparisons--I’m as (if not more) interested in what didn’t make the final cut/performance (i.e., bloopers, outtakes, detours
encountered, potentials not explored, risks not taken) as in what ended up making the final cut. As I read things (or watch or hear things) I usually end up wondering, “Well okay, that’s that, but what else might this have been? What did we miss? What options weren’t pursued?”
Quickish question: I’m wondering what each of you have in mind in terms of the delivery and/or facilitation of an installation/performance piece? I know we are still in the planning/idea exchange phase of things but if the sky were the limit, if anything were possible, how would each of you envision the ideal installation/performance piece? I guess what I’m asking here is how each of you might envision our roles as presenters/facilitators/performers. . .again this may be way too early to
ask this but I think it would help me better align with your interests, ideas and goals.
. . .Ideally speaking, I’m drawn to the idea of installation as wiki where participants would be encouraged to add, alter, edit, respond to, etc. the original installation but this could be tough to manage if we’re setting up for a 75 minute session.
Again, looking forward to working with the both of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment